Getting the wings level on a DX VF-25 may take a hacksaw.

Chronocidal

So I've been comparing my DX VF-25G and 1/72 kit today, and I was reasonably happy to finally figure out why the wings stick up so much. That has been my one overwhelming problem with the DX really.. fix that, and I can deal with the rest easily.

I even figured out how to get the wings to sit completely level (minus the built in curve bandai can't seem to fix). You'll never guess what you have to do...

You have to take the arms off. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the lack of communication between the DX and model design teams was epic (fail). The model's wings go level just fine with some tweaking, for one big reason: they left a cut-out in the hip for the shoulder to fit into.

On the DX? No cut-out. The arms are too wide to let the wings and arms sit where they're supposed to. I noticed when I just snapped one leg into the wing on one side, it sat level.. but the shoulders got shifted off center. They're too wide to fit in the intended space between the hips.

Soo... if you want to display fighter mode with level wings, just take the arms off, and everything sits perfectly. <_<

I keep hoping they'll do a version 2 of this, because whoever designed the DX really wasn't thinking. What I'd love to know is why the prototype pics didn't have this problem.

At least with the super packs, the wings drop further, so I can just keep it that way.

What I really wonder is if anyone's tried to fix this? You'd have to cut a decent sized chunk off of either the shoulders or the lower hips, and I dunno what effects that might have.