VF-1S 1/55 MPC with a Strike Cannon

blackconvoy_D01

Hello,

This is my first partial successful kitbash. I wanted a strike cannon for my Robotech MPC, (I did'nt want to pick up any Yamatos due to two bad experiences with the brand.) so through networking I met nightmareb4macross of macrosswold.com who had taken the 1/55 Bandai cannon and remolded it to fit the Toynami 1/55. I purchased the original mold from him and casted the base of the missile launcher detachment from the Appendix thruster. When the mold was cast I attached the cannon to the base and allowed it to dry. Here is what the partial end result looks like.

post-12515-1264090821_thumb.jpg

post-12515-1264090847_thumb.jpg

post-12515-1264090862_thumb.jpg

post-12515-1264090907_thumb.jpg

post-12515-1264090971_thumb.jpg

post-12515-1264091024_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

That color looks real good. Why don't you just put a clear gloss coat over it instead of removing it and redoing it with another paint coat? The clear gloss coat will help protect the color coat as well.

That color looks real good. Why don't you just put a clear gloss coat over it instead of removing it and redoing it with another paint coat? The clear gloss coat will help protect the color coat as well.

I honestly didnt think about that. Thank you! I do it after I come back from NYC (hopefully with a nicely priced VF-25s) and post a pic or two of the end result.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

Except that I would either add a slightly darker base coat and a top coat of what you have there or at least a second coat of the paint you are already using to darken the shade slightly before "sealing" it with the clear coat.