I know that "broken shoulder" threads are a dead horse....

pondo

....but there really needs to be a sticky or FAQ about it. I think that's why it is continually mentioned.

I know that many of us have extensive collections, but many do not. And we want the noobs to have a great experience getting into this hobby. Many of us are kids at heart and there is nothing worse than a kid breaking his christmas present as soon as he unwraps it.

I realize that Yamato designed a FANTASTIC product. Almost 30 years in the making. They should be congratulated. As do the people who work with them and keep up this website. But the price of them is far more than that of a mere toy for children. It's a level of quality that is expected from adults who have somewhat of a disposable income.

This should be a community for sharing info about our beloved franchise. It should be a place where noobs can look to make the right decisions (just last year I accidentally bought a V1 off of ebay.I didn't even KNOW they existed. I already had a 1/48 and I kept hearing that the 1/60's were better) So even though we want have a great relationship with yamato (because they do an AMAZING job of bringing our childhood to life) we need to make sure that the proper information for a buyer is available.

So I (and I don't think I'm alone) ask the mods to compile the information about quality control into a sticky thread. (what models have the bad pins? There seems to be fluctuating debate)

Even though we are used to spending this much on fantastic toys doesn't make it any easier when they arrive broken.

EDIT---locking threads about it are just gonna lead to more threads about it.

Edited by pondo