Need a 3d model

Dante74

Like the title says, I'd like to get my hands on a 3d model of the Gnerl fighter pod.

Doesn't have to be high poly, 3ds file will do, but a Max file with textures would be great.

I'm working on a new CG project with lots of Macross mecha.

See my first project here.

Thanks in advance!

::EDIT::

Reference pic from Mr March's M3

gnerl.gif

Edited by Dante74

I need to make one of these anyway. If you post up some more concept art / references, I'll be more than glad to hand over the max file (version 9) with the textures.

Here are the last two Macross Vehicles I've done. Mind you the Rea was done without very good ref art:

Queadlunn_rea_1_by_AnimeNanashi.jpg

http://animenanashi.deviantart.com/art/Que...rea-1-149084288

Roiquonmi_Glaug_Battle_Pod_by_AnimeNanashi.jpg

http://animenanashi.deviantart.com/art/Roi...e-Pod-145574973

The one I got from Chillyche is pretty low poly but it'll do for my current project. Just gotta figure out how to correctly apply a UVW unwrap modifier. :wacko:

I you could provide a medium poly textured version I'd be mighty grateful. ^_^

BTW: That Glaug would be perfect for my current project to lead a squadron of Regults into battle. :rolleyes:

Pics from Mr March's M3 site.

gnerl-front.gif

gnerl-side.gif

gnerl-aft.gif

gnerl-dorsal.gif

gnerl-landing.gif

Here's a little preview of my current project which is far from finished.

previewc.jpg

Edited by Dante74

You know, I have no idea why the Gnerl Fighter Pod was not on the Aria asset list. We can certainly use one (read: many, many) in Aria, so, if you're about to tackle one, it can be leveraged for all of our projects. Yay. Community.

Edited by chillyche

What's your definition of medium poly? I haven't done any new models for a while, and this might be something fast I can churn out to satisfy the itch. :)

1000 polys (give or take a couple hundred) should do for a fighter of this size. The Gnrels won't be close to the camera, but I like to keep my options open. :rolleyes:

oh lol.. ok, glad I stopped before making the engines 36 sided ^_^ Actually, on second thought, maybe the world needs a good high detail Gnerl model. ^^

a Hi-poly Gnerl would be great. I just got an idea for another project but I'll also need a hi-poly VF-1 for that. B))

Edited by Dante74

• 5 months later...

I totally forgot about this for ages, but yesterday I came back through my schismatics file and re-discovered it.

I put this thing together rather quickly. My idea here is that this thing won't be on screen for long in my use, nor will it be very close to the screen, so its very simple. The images I've included have the main body using NRUMS, but the low poly cage is still intact.

Gnerl_03.jpg

Gnerl_02.jpg

Gnerl_01.jpg

I'll PM you the file.