Touching up old Bandai Valks

Luclin999

I've been looking as some of my older figures and was wondering if anyone had figured out which commercially available hobby paints and enamels as the best matches for some of the Bandai and Takatoku valkyries?

Like the red color on the VF-1A Hikaru (and the Bandai/Hasbro jetfire)?

Or the yellow on Roy's VF-1S?

It would be great to have a match to touch up the scuffs and paint chips that these older toys are prone to.

Edited by Luclin999

I've been looking as some of my older figures and was wondering if anyone had figured out which commercially available hobby paints and enamels as the best matches for some of the Bandai and Takatoku valkyries?

Like the red color on the VF-1A Hikaru (and the Bandai/Hasbro jetfire)?

Or the yellow on Roy's VF-1S?

It would be great to have a match to touch up the scuffs and paint chips that these older toys are prone to.

Man! I love those old Valkyries I'm so glad paints are more cutting edge thee days there was kind of a limited selection for people with a budget. I suggest Tamiya paints, car pants at you local automotive supplier, and Home depot they can match house paints so with a little work if you have the box art you can match paint perfectly. I've gone to auto suppliers and the paint can be thicker but it with a little paint thinner and a good airbrush can have a very durable and color accurate. If you want total accuracy then go to home depot and get them to match your paint up. Just be sure you know what kind of paint you apply though sometimes the older kits can respond adversely to paint so generous and evenly applied primer is a must.

Man! I love those old Valkyries I'm so glad paints are more cutting edge thee days there was kind of a limited selection for people with a budget. I suggest Tamiya paints, car pants at you local automotive supplier, and Home depot they can match house paints so with a little work if you have the box art you can match paint perfectly. I've gone to auto suppliers and the paint can be thicker but it with a little paint thinner and a good airbrush can have a very durable and color accurate. If you want total accuracy then go to home depot and get them to match your paint up. Just be sure you know what kind of paint you apply though sometimes the older kits can respond adversely to paint so generous and evenly applied primer is a must.

Games Workshop Citadel paints. Self-levelling, adhere to anything. Yellow and Red should hook you up A-OK. Find a wargaming/model shop.