1/55th scale questions.

Luclin999

I've been playing around with customizing a 1/55th scale knock off over the past few days and of course I've been handling my other 1/55 scale valks as a reference which in turn reminded me why I love the things so much.

They weigh a ton and are nearly indestructible.

:lol:

Looking at them has brought up some old questions I have had about the 1/55ths.

~ Regarding the Bandai reissues from 2002 - present, has there ever been an explanation as to why they made the new valks identical to the old ones in every way except for the forearms? It would be nice to be able to put the older Super and Strike armor on the newer releases without having to resort to either filing down their arms or swapping out the forearm pieces with parts salvaged from old Jetfires.

~ I don't currently own a Takatoku and am curious as to what differences there are in them versus the vintage Bandai pieces. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between say, an out of package Takatoku and a bandai reissue? I'd like to know in case I stumble across a loose mecha.

~ The Joons. :) Knock offs they may be but since my first Valkyries were a pair of Joons Max and Miriya VF-1Js They will always have a special place in my heart (and on my display shelf). Is there a list out there of all the variations that Joons managed to produce in the 90's?

~ Jetfire. Aside from the nosecone and paint scheme, is there any actual difference in this toy parts wise from a vintage VF-1S Skull Leader?

~ And isn't the nosecone on Jetfire actually made from the mold for the VT-1?