taksraven

Cool, I didn't even notice that the first time I read through the bio on the back.

Did you open your figures? Just curious what you think. I really like the 9 figure. The detail is fantastic. It would have been nice to have some cut joints at the shoulders to help give the bendy arms more life, but oh well.

What I would love to see is Hot Toys make some 9 figures. I envision them having internal skeletons, real burlap, real metal zippers, light-up eyes, articulated fingers....*droool*

The figure is a nice display piece. It is an interesting figure because, as you mention, the arms are sort of like "bend-ems" with a wire in it so you can bend them around and pose. I was a little surprised by that. Be careful with the feet as they were stuck on mine. I was able to un-stick one foot, but the other foot snapped off with the ball stuck in the foot socket. I'm going to have to do some surgery by putting in a reinforcing pin and gluing it back.

I would also like to see a more premium figure with more detail and a working light on the staff. Light up eyes on a 3 and 4 figure would be a nice touch.

I hope they do the rest of the cast in whatever form.

The ankles were stuck on mine as well but luckily I was able to work them free and they didn't break. I was concerned they would because the plastic is so thin.

I wonder if this movie and toy line will be popular enough for NECA to do all 9. Hopefully they can. At the very least, sometimes NECA does smaller 3" versions of their figures, so maybe they could do a 3" scale box set that has 1 through 9.

The ankles were stuck on mine as well but luckily I was able to work them free and they didn't break. I was concerned they would because the plastic is so thin.

I wonder if this movie and toy line will be popular enough for NECA to do all 9. Hopefully they can. At the very least, sometimes NECA does smaller 3" versions of their figures, so maybe they could do a 3" scale box set that has 1 through 9.

You know the current figures almost seem 1:1 scale. Maybe they are slightly smaller, but probably it wouldn't have been hard to really make them true 1:1.

Darn fetus is interrupting everything!* Missed the boat on seeing this earlier, and labor's just around the corner. Aww dang. Guess I'll have to wait for DVD. :(

* I kid, I kid! I'm totally stoked! Although I wish I could reproduce AND buy Macross toys & see movies!

Edited by Kelsain

I enjoyed the Movie, but was wondering alot about the backstory. Apparently, so were Russian test audences, so a journal belonging to the Scientist was provided in Russian. Interesting read, and it will answer some questions. A translated copy can be found here:

http://movie9.proboards.com/index.cgi?boar...1778&page=1

The back story still omits how he was able to get the talisman back from the machine, even with back story there are still some odd unanswered questions. Like how come all 8 dolls were alive and scurrying around while 9 was just left hanging about, furthermore, what took 9 so long to wake up in comparison to the other dolls. How was it that only the cat monster was the only machine left alive and that 7 so easily decapitated it, but then mentions how she was fighting a "war", i hardly consider decapitating one cat machine a "war".

Personally that movie could of been so much better. It did not live up to the hype from the commercials and trailers. I mean I fell asleep twice, yes TWICE during the movie. Thats 6 dollars (USD) and about an hour and a half of my life that I will never get back. Its easily a rental, IMO.

Personally that movie could of been so much better. It did not live up to the hype from the commercials and trailers. I mean I fell asleep twice, yes TWICE during the movie. Thats 6 dollars (USD) and about an hour and a half of my life that I will never get back. Its easily a rental, IMO.

Thanks, Jack. It helps.

I enjoyed the Movie, but was wondering alot about the backstory. Apparently, so were Russian test audences, so a journal belonging to the Scientist was provided in Russian. Interesting read, and it will answer some questions. A translated copy can be found here:

http://movie9.proboards.com/index.cgi?boar...1778&page=1

It be neat if they included this with the DVD/Blu-Ray release.