Simple Orguss Translation Request

I am a big fan of Orguss, but not very good at translation. I stumbled across this nifty piece of information; the emann alphabet. These symbols are stenciled all over the Orguss, and show up alot in the series. I was hoping someone could translate the japanese portion of the picture. Thanks in advance.

post-231-1246827517_thumb.jpg

I am a big fan of Orguss, but not very good at translation. I stumbled across this nifty piece of information; the emann alphabet. These symbols are stenciled all over the Orguss, and show up alot in the series. I was hoping someone could translate the japanese portion of the picture. Thanks in advance.

Neat picture!

Unfortunately, it doesn't correspond to the Latin alphabet, it corresponds to Japanese Hiragana.

So if you learn Hiragana first (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana), you'll be able to learn Emann next.

Yeah, as Gubaba said, you just need to overlay a hiragana/katakana grid over that. It's basically a i u e o, ka ki ku ke ko, sa shi su se so, etc.

Where did you find that, though?? I don't think I've seen that before. Good find. Are there any more hidden treasures lying around?

Thanks for the help. This is my sad attempt for now while I track down the other symbols. I cannot identify the ending symbol at the top of the chart. The weird little octopus symbol at the bottom seems to mean "point", or "date". Again, any readers of japanese, please feel free to add any more information.

The original scan can be found here:

http://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2009/06/16...guss-olson.html

post-231-1247089138_thumb.jpg

The name of the species is Emarn.