Should American Comics Become Animation For Teens & Adults

should american comics (especially marvel & cd comics) become animation aimed towards teens & adults? comic movies have become mainstream and anime is getting more and more mainstream everyday. i know lots of people who don't watch anime but they will watch dragonball z.

some comics like x-men, spider-man, batman, superman and others have been around for 30-50 years; so they can use the comics as the material. and i place an emphasis on them not writing their own stories but just turning the original comics book stories into animation; just like how manga becomes anime in japan. since they have so many comic book issues to do; they could make the shows an hour long, air them weekly (52 times a year) and never worry about catching up with the current comic book stories (and have to resort to filler).

and as for an audience, i'm sure that hbo or showtime would be a good market for them so that they wouldn't have to censor/tone down the blood and fight scenes. or if marketed right (think heroes season 1); they could also be successful on nbc, abc, cbs. or maybe even fox if they other 3 networks reject the idea. it just needs to stay off of the sci-fi channel and the rest of the "c" movies and tv shows.

there are alot of people who read comic books when they were younger. i'm sure that they would watch it if they modernized it and turned it into a show for teens and adults instead of making them cartoons for kids all the time.

this is just my thought on the subject 'cause i don't think that any american companies are even thinking of this possibility (something to put money into once the recession is over. or just license them to the anime companies in japan, let them make them and then dub them into english using top quality voice actors) (and some of use want to see some american animation that isn't just comedy [simpsons, family guy, and anything that pixar & dreamworks puts out]).