Tips and link's for basic painting?

transfan52

Hi I'm opening this topic because I need some info and links on how to use airbrush equipment. Any links with some basic technique's on building, painting and detailing model kits would also be very appreciated. Right now I'm more into gunpla model building than anything else right now but feel free to post any useful links and discuss techniques with others if you like. thanks!

After finally being able to attain the necessary materials for basic painting and detailing gunpla... I notice I'm finally getter better at it after many years of trial and error with working on basic kits over the years... I can't do this hobby all the time as it takes up a lot of my free time but I'm getting back into the hobby again...

For now I'm using tamiya surface primer, spray cans and enamel top coat for the finish...

I don't think I will invest in an air-compressor or airbrush any time soon though... I don't have the skills or the confidence necessary to spend hundreds of dollars on airbrush equipment, but if I do I know I'm going to make a lot of mistakes and possibly ruin the equipment as I have no idea how to handle it for maintenance...

I can't seem to find good information or a good tutorial online on how to properly use and handle the equipment... if anyone has links on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

First of all search the forum threads because i'm certain that there is a similar topic with techniques that may prove useful to you.

Below there are some links containing tools n tips, how to's etc:

ARC forums HOw to

Swanny's Models

Modelling madness

I hope these will help you!!! ;)

Good luck with your models!!!

Edited by balstaf87