Three Star Heavy Industries ships

RedWolf

In episode one of Macross Dynamite 7 which is one year after Macross 7 we see besides the new Battle 7 built is a Three Star.

post-9033-1240946137_thumb.jpg

We assume that it is a new ship being built but looking over Macross 7 Trash there are smaller Three Star Industry vessels.

post-9033-1240946400_thumb.jpg

Now the main Three Star ship may be an expanded version of these smaller vessels. These smaller commercial ships have their own smaller towns.

In Dynamite 7 one of the smaller Three Star ships are merely being refitted to a full size one.

threestar-sideschematic.gif

I take it that Three Star is the corporate manufacturer attached to Macross 7 as much as LAI is to Macross Frontier.

I'm not entirely certain what you're getting at, but I can say that it would be incredibly infeasible to "refit" one of those smaller ships to make it the same as the larger one. I mean, Macross stretches suspension of disbelief in a number of ways, but that would be a whole other league.

There are plenty of design notes regarding the Three Star ships. Basically they're gigantic reactors with habitat modules, and various modules tacked on as needed, also their configuration can change on a project by project basis. I don't think we're seeing a new Three Star being built, I think we're just seeing a more detailed view of a construction ship that is aiding in the construction of the new Battle 7, hence the raw materials, construction containers, etc floating around it.

When I get home I'll pull some screen shots from the remaster disc.