can 1/55 ve-1/vt-1 head used on 1/48 body?

gwfalcon

Hello All:

Can 1/55 ve-1 head used on 1/48 body?

I measured the 1/55 vf-1s head and the 1/48's. Seems they are very similar in size. Since the 1/55 ve-1 head is already very vivid, I am thinking that is it might be possible to use it directly.

Since two seat configuration is very difficult, I just keep one-seat cockpit, change the head, and paint the body to ve-1/vt-1 like.

Any experience and suggestions are welcome.

From what little I know, I don't think it would work very well, you'd have serious fit issues, as well as looking a bit awkward. You'd almost be better off dissecting say a 1A head and using the base of it, and scratchbuilding the rest out of styrene. The VT head is a simple enough design. As for the VE head, I almost did one one time by cutting a barrel off a toy blaster from a TF and modding it that way, with some styrene as well. Just seems it would be more trouble than it's worth to use a 1/55 head.

Thx mate for your precious suggestion. May I see some pictures about the ve-1 head you built?

Another thing, if I want to build a vt-1 head, what material you suggest to use? normal platic or AB putty.

Thx again.

From what little I know, I don't think it would work very well, you'd have serious fit issues, as well as looking a bit awkward. You'd almost be better off dissecting say a 1A head and using the base of it, and scratchbuilding the rest out of styrene. The VT head is a simple enough design. As for the VE head, I almost did one one time by cutting a barrel off a toy blaster from a TF and modding it that way, with some styrene as well. Just seems it would be more trouble than it's worth to use a 1/55 head.

I'll see if I can dig it out, I never finished it though. It was a Transformers weapon, basically, what I used. If I remember, it was from TF Armada or Energon, I'll check. It was like 3 years ago, sorry my memories kind of hazy.

I'll see if I can dig it out, I never finished it though. It was a Transformers weapon, basically, what I used. If I remember, it was from TF Armada or Energon, I'll check. It was like 3 years ago, sorry my memories kind of hazy.

Was it:

Comettor, minicon of Armada Jetfire

?

I know Comettor has a comms array similar to the VE/VT-1's. I have 3 Jetfires.