MMC Recent Anime Contest

tetsujin

Hi, we're hosting another MMC contest which I think Macross modelers might be interested in:

This month (March, 2009) we're having the "Recent Anime" contest. Entries can be models of any subject from an anime that was in production within the last 5 years. For Macross modelers this means, for instance, Macross Frontier and Macross Zero. (Mac Zero episodes were still coming out in 2004...)

The deadline for entry is the end of the month. Entries must be models you built and painted yourself, completed any time within the last 12 months.

Does "All That Valkyrie" count? If not, I don't think I've built ANYTHING from any show that's been produced within the last 5 years...

I dunno - if you mean as a way to enter a VF-1 or something I think that's kind of pushing it.

I guess I'd put it this way: consider Votoms. The Scopedog is what, eight million years old at this point? But if someone wanted to enter one in the contest that would be OK, if it were somehow specifically a Scopedog from Pailsen Files. (That could be as simple as just saying "it's a Scopedog from Pailsen files" but ideally I'd hope there'd at least be some effort to make it look like a scopedog from Pailsen Files...)

So using the same logic you could enter a VF-1 (or whatever) if it's somehow identified as being from All That Valkyrie or Frontier or whatever... Like do the 25th anniversary scheme or mount it on top of a school building... Things like that aren't exactly in the spirit of the contest (which is to focus on relatively new stuff) but it's allowed within the rules.

Anyone who has recently tried to:

- register a new user account on MMC or

- retrieve a lost password for an existing user account on MMC

has most likely failed. I hadn't been aware of this until today, but apparently our outgoing e-mail configuration was broken, and the site has been unable to send e-mail to any outside domain.

I believe this has been fixed now - so if you had difficulty logging into the site, it might be worth your time to try again. Also, if you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me, either here or via the "HELP" page on the site.

• 2 weeks later...
With the re-issues of so many 'old' kits (Dorvack, Macross, Xabungle, even more recently - Ideon), I'd like to see you re-try the old kits contest! :lol:

Yeah, the "Old Kits" contest is one I really would've liked to see do well. Unfortunately we only got two entries. (Would have had three if I'd gotten mine finished...) We can't repeat contest themes too frequently anyway - but when a contest is called off for lack of entries it's even harder to justify scheduling that contest again...