MOSPEADA: Updated Image

RavenHawk

And the Tread is not a Tread, it's a Dread.

I'd pay to have both made by CMs, as long as they friggen make a better connection.

Of course i'd prefer a decent Gosu or that 'updated' Gosu show 2nd page. :D Gosu is just as sexy as the legioss imo.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Cool, thank you. Now I'll have to see if I can find a back issue anywhere. And a translation.

search the forums, when it first came out there was a thread and a summary translation I think.

Nothing too exciting I'm afraid, just a one-off illustration for the magazine to accompany pics of some then-new Mospeada products if I remember.

edit:

here was the message, written by member "Save"

"Well I picked up the issue and got it translated and it says nothing about a new series. It's just a small write up on Hideki Kakinuma's professional history. The sketches of the mecha are just to explain black and white stripes and the history behind them. Basically how in World War 2 (the article mentions Normandy) these stripes where used to identify allied ships, and that the idea was brought to Mospeada.

The section on the Inbit basically says that none of the sponsors of the original Mospeada series gave any guidelines on the enemy designs so Hideki and team had free reign on what the Inbit came to be. So they chose the ugly, creepy insect crab without having to make changes by the sponsors.

The new Hobby Japan issue cover more on the reissued kits, the new toy lines, and a few pages of Mospeada line art that we have all seen before."

Edited by Phyrox

search the forums, when it first came out there was a thread and a summary translation I think.

Nothing too exciting I'm afraid, just a one-off illustration for the magazine to accompany pics of some then-new Mospeada products if I remember.

edit:

here was the message, written by member "Save"

"Well I picked up the issue and got it translated and it says nothing about a new series. It's just a small write up on Hideki Kakinuma's professional history. The sketches of the mecha are just to explain black and white stripes and the history behind them. Basically how in World War 2 (the article mentions Normandy) these stripes where used to identify allied ships, and that the idea was brought to Mospeada.

The section on the Inbit basically says that none of the sponsors of the original Mospeada series gave any guidelines on the enemy designs so Hideki and team had free reign on what the Inbit came to be. So they chose the ugly, creepy insect crab without having to make changes by the sponsors.

The new Hobby Japan issue cover more on the reissued kits, the new toy lines, and a few pages of Mospeada line art that we have all seen before."

Thanks for the info. That is disappointing. Sounds like basically similar info to what is in the booklet that came with the MOSPEADA DVDs. I was hoping for more info on the designer's (Hideki Kakinuma?) ideas for an updated MOSPEADA show.

It comes from Hobby Japan June 2007...

Remember we've spoken of it...it contains at the end 4 pages of mecha designs with the "Super Condor"...

This is the link of the thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=564528

and this site who contains more hobby japan june 2007 pics...Hobby japan June 2007

akim.

I remembered an earlier conversation, but was having trouble finding it. Seemed like, at the time, I was in the minority for people that actually liked the new designs.

Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.