Bandai 1/72 VF-25S building tips FOR BEGINNERS

zebu

Howdy all,

As some of you may already know, I've recently built and sold VF-25F Alto Custom (Thanks edwin3060). :rolleyes:

As I mentioned it here, I love to build gundam models and been doing it for a while now.

Anyways, after the posting, I received many MANY questions regarding panel lines, sticker applications and/or other simple building/finishing techniques. So, here they are. :rolleyes:

This is just introductory post to discuss the main points that will be discussed.

I will go over

1. Panel lining

2. Partial painting of kit

3. Sticker application

4. Weathering techniques

Please keep in mind that all my posting will favor those who wish to get it done with minimal experiences so IF you are experienced builder with equipments and techniques that most of can not match, then please keep the comment to yourself (I am sure most of agree, that some of us just don't have kind of time and/or money to rise to professional builder's level) <_<

Having said that, here is my blog with my latest work :rolleyes:

http://gunplafederation.blogspot.com/2008/...urn-gundam.html

I built Turn A Gundam to show the basic concept for prepping the model kit before building it (panel lining and seal applications). Similar techniques will be applied to VF-25S. I will also post my VF-25S building tips on my blog as it becomes available. B))

Thanks and will see you soon with some pictures!!!! B))

Zebu

I will be starting a build up thread in the model section in about 3 days time. I will also be coverig similar methods. Please follow along.

Great work on your 25S. I will give the blog a scan for any trouble spots in the kit construcion. I know the bandai kits fit well and such but theres always an area that makes you go huh?

Edited by HWR MKII

Nice! I was wondering, how many times have you transformed your VF-25S and does your crazy glue method of keeping the stickers in place work?

I tranformed about 15 times now. Those area with "crazy glue treatment" is holding up nicely. Only area with issues are the ones without crazy glue treatmetns such as knee-cap area (I over looked this area).

Anyways I am very happy with the result. I recommand this method to anyone who wishes to "play" (not just diaplay only).

Zebu

Nice! I was wondering, how many times have you transformed your VF-25S and does your crazy glue method of keeping the stickers in place work?

I tranformed about 15 times now. Those area with "crazy glue treatment" is holding up nicely. Only area with issues are the ones without crazy glue treatmetns such as knee-cap area (I over looked this area).

Anyways I am very happy with the result. I recommand this method to anyone who wishes to "play" (not just diaplay only).

Zebu

Hmm. so how does the crazy glue treatment work again? do you coat the area of the model where the sticker is supposed to be with a thin layer of super glue? how do you coat it?

Also, did you use a matte finish on the model?

Yes,

I used very (VERY) thin layer of glue (I applied them just around the edges).

I certainly used matte finishe on the model (I hate the shiny, plasticky look on banda models). I prefer battle tested, weathered look for models rather than "factory finished", "show room" glossy finish.

Zebu

• 4 weeks later...

which paints did you use to mix to get grey, i've been looking at hlj for grey and white, this will be my first time painting a model and i really want to get it right.

i thought about getting tamiya ready prep'd spray (light gray) or the mr color spray #97 grey #9 (hlj for both)

would either of these be ok?

any help appreciated