Macross Frontier OST #2 album art

foo

I made this the other night to show up in iTunes and I rather like it, so I thought I'd share it :) That's the scan of the booklet combined with the slip that goes around the back of the case that you're supposed to throw away (it's the only thing that says "Macross" on the cover). The only problem with that is that it ends up being wider than most album art, and doesn't quite 'fit the box' all the time.

It probably looks more like the original artwork than what arrived on the CD booklet. Aside from fixing the funky color balance from my scanner, in Photoshop I did a smart blur on one layer to get rid of the remaining moire pattern and then sharpened the remaining stuff by doing a high pass on another layer (duplicate the layer, high pass, then set the transfer mode of the layer from Normal to Overlay, and reduce the opacity to adjust the amount of influence). I also had to do some selective removal of the smart blur because it blurred a bit too much, so the moire pattern still pops up in a few places (plus the high pass reintroduced a bit).

post-1078-1224656591_thumb.jpg

Er, that's a 500K JPEG. I encode music Apple Lossless, so it's just a fraction of the file size for me. You may want to reduce it :p

The album's excellent btw, better than the first OST.