Macross Song Collection 25th Anniversary

lanis

In the tribute albums there is a disc called Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay. On it is a song called Anata e no Love Song. To my memory, I've never heard this song before. Where is it from? I can't seem to find the Minmay version.

Mari Iijima wrote that one just for the album, and that was then used as a song which Minmay wrote onboard the Megaroad, which Tomo Sakurai "covered".

There is no actual release of a recording of that song with Minmay as vocalist.

EDIT -- The thread title is a little misleading, since this is a question dealing specifically with the Mylene Sings Minmay album and not Song Collection.

Edited by Renato

whh well I have it as part of the collection. I didnt realize it was individual albums just resold together. While I'm on the subject, does anyone know if duplicate songs from the various albums are the exact same or were some re-recorded?

Edited by lanis

whh well I have it as part of the collection. I didnt realize it was individual albums just resold together. While I'm on the subject, does anyone know if duplicate songs from the various albums are the exact same or were some re-recorded?

If you got it via bittorrent, chances are good that it's the collection that I put together last year.

If that's the one you have, I kept duplicates out. But if you're talking about the actual albums...well, your question is a little too vague to answer. What exactly are you talking about?

Like in the tribute albums, we have Mari Iijima Sings Lynn Minmay. All the songs there can also be found on the first 2 Macross discs.

Ah. That's an easy one.

The trbute albums are entirely different. Mari Iijima Sings Lynn Minmay, Fukuyama Fire, Gift 25...they're all new versions of the songs.

So was it the demonoid torrent you got? If so, I'm glad to know it's still alive.

Actually i found it just googling. Some spanish torrent apparently. Macross Song Collection 25th Aniversario heh.

Oh yeah...Mundo Macross took my torrent and turned it into a RAR file. Which seemed to me to be a pretty dumb thing to do, considering that it was almost 700MB...and a 700MB RAR is just a pain.

OK, well, to my knowledge (and I'm very confident on this) they didn't re-sell the albums together. A lot of the old albums got reissued this year, but the only new compilation of previous releases has been the Macross Maximum CD single box, which has 9 CDs which are just singles and their B-sides, so no albums there. Your question is still only about Mylene Jenius sings Lynn Minmay, and I got that one over ten or eleven years ago, and I can tell you that "Anata e no Love Song" was not previously recorded by Mari for any Macross album though it was written by her. Now, whether or not she sings it on any of her own albums from this period or later I'm not so sure since I do not have ALL her albums, but if it was I think I would know about it so I doubt it. Either way, it is safe to say she wrote it for the Mylene album.

OK, well, to my knowledge (and I'm very confident on this) they didn't re-sell the albums together. A lot of the old albums got reissued this year, but the only new compilation of previous releases has been the Macross Maximum CD single box, which has 9 CDs which are just singles and their B-sides, so no albums there.

No, it's definitely the collection that I put together. There was a note with the torrent explaining that it was just something I put together, but the torrent got reposted to a lot of different trackers, turned into a RAR file, and lots of other things. In all cases, my explanatory note got left out...resulting (I'm sure) in a lot of confusion.