VE-1

cru721

My nose landing gear on my 1/55 VE-1 no longer latches closed. I have bought some spare parts Valks but have no idea how to repair it. I have taken the spare parts valks apart and think I have an ok idea of how to do it. But before I pull apart my expensive VE-1 I was hoping that some Macross world members might have some pointers that they could give me.

Thank You!

Edited by cru721

My nose landing gear on my 1/55 VE-1 no longer latches closed. I have bought some spare parts Valks but have no idea how to repair it. I have taken the spare parts valks apart and think I have an ok idea of how to do it. But before I pull apart my expensive VE-1 I was hoping that some Macross world members might have some pointers that they could give me.

Thank You!

How about pics?

The problem could stem from two things:

1. Weak screw tension.

2. Nub on the black lock is worn or warped.

Or...

3. The wedge that holds the landing gear in place, so it can swivel, is broken. This is the worst case scenario. This will require an all new top nose piece. I had this happen on a VF1S I bought.

Edited by Totoro242

How about pics?

The problem could stem from two things:

1. Weak screw tension.

2. Nub on the black lock is worn or warped.

1. So I would just tighten the screw in the nose landing gear?

2. Change the black lock?