Bernard Archard 1916-2008

From www.gallifreyone.com

"Classic series actor Bernard Archard has died at the age of 91.

Archard created two memorable roles in the series. In 1966 he played the role of Bragen, the security chief seeking complete control of a colony of humans on the planet Vulcan, in Patrick Troughton's first story, The Power of the Daleks.

He returned to the series in 1975 to create the classic role of Marcus Scarman in the Tom Baker story Pyramids of Mars a story highly rated by fans."

He will be missed. I will probably never get to see him in The Power of the Daleks, but he was truly brilliant in The Pyramids of Mars, playing a man reduced to a puppet by a powerful alien. A very evil and chilling puppet, who even kills his own brother. I have to admit that I was surprised when I bought Pyramids of Mars on DVD several years ago that he was still alive and able to take part in some of the documentary special features on the disc.

He will be missed.

Taksraven

post-7338-1210135473_thumb.jpg

Edited by taksraven

That's one of my favorites of the early Tom Baker episodes...mostly because of the "If I asked your friend which door was the right one, what would he say?" logic puzzle in it.

I haven't seen it in more that twenty years, but I'll always remember that bit...

"Sutekh the Destroyer is supreme!"

Best moment for me in Pyramid of Mars was when Scarman had his brother killed. I had just seen The Empire Strikes Back and noticed that Admiral Ozzel was Scarman's sibling. Dude couldn't get a break. Got strangled by Vader and then by his bro.