1/60 + Yamatos for Newbies

GRAND CANNON

Silly question...

Other than having a few 1/100 Tak Valks from years past.......I'm now getting sucked into the black hole known as Yamato Valkyries!

Due to the number of variations available and those other types to come, I think I want to get my first 1/60 (or 1/72) in the near future, but would like to know from those who own....what is the breakdown of plastic/die-cast content?

I would love to actually hold one before a purchase, but that is out of the question, unfortunately.

Could someone share info (or a previous post/site) on what parts are made of what?

This would be a huge help...................trying to get the "feel" without the feel.

thanks.

hehe! Sorry!! I keep forgetting to take the camera home from work. I have a LONG day today so I will take a pic and post it tomorrow. (about 24 hours from now)

I've got half a mind to leave it the way it is! It kinda looks cool! :D

But anyway to answer your question, all of the legs (not including the feet, landing doors and intakes, ie the hips) are diecast. Inside the chest there are two diecast parts as well, so the toy has a nice weight to it.

Thanks to all for all of your help. I believe I've learned the following:

But anyway to answer your question, all of the legs (not including the feet, landing doors and intakes, ie the hips) are diecast. Inside the chest there are two diecast parts as well, so the toy has a nice weight to it.

There's no diecast above the thighs, other than inner-chest pieces, but the actual main fuselage, nose and wings do not contain any

and...

LAZY AS ALLWAYS

Sebastian thinks Guppy is lazy..............as always.

That sum it up? :rolleyes:

LOL! You are very right... except for me being lazy!  :D  I will post a pic in a few hours, I swear!  ;)

Seems more than a few hours have passed. Living up to that lazy reputation, eh? :p j/k

Edit: Becuz Eye kant spel

Edited by mister_e

Ohh, straight from the factory... What did you use to get all the paint off?

Another thing about the 1/60 is that it's pretty durable. I've had both my VF-1S and VF-1A tan fall off my desk more times than I can count and the most that's happed was the wing swinging, a missle unit or two comming off, and it ending up in some weird pose/laying in a heap on the floor. My only realy gripe is the hip joints can be a bit loose.

Edited by Druna Skass