How to disassemble HCM Vf-1a/s/j's head

gwfalcon

Hello:

As in the title, I need this help. For two reasons:

1. One of my HCM vf-1s is broken with one laser gun. Need to repair it or replace one.

2. Do you professional guys to think change another 1/72 heads (e.g. from Hasegawa) to the HCM vf-1 bodies to do a customization. I see one good custom vf-1s Hikaru and want to reproduce one.

Any suggestions? Actually I check out the connecting part of the HCM vf-1. It is a little bit suprising that there is no screws like 1/48 and 1/55. How they connect the head?

Baddly need you experts' help. Thanks in advance.

Good luck with your search. I don't own a HCM and so I don't really know much about them. I do know that we don't have a lot of repair/customization threads about them. I think they are just a little bit too rare for people to mess around with them very much.

Anyone out there that can give this member some advice?

I made this HCM Super Ostrich custom out of the Hasegawa kit and a VF-1J HCM a few years ago. Disassemble the upper body to get the head out. I do remember that the legs are pretty much impossible to disassemble because all the screws are hidden under caps that you would have to pry out, leaving big gouges in the plastic.

post-168-1210201679_thumb.jpg

post-168-1210201698_thumb.jpg

Edited by glane21

I made this HCM Super Ostrich custom out of the Hasegawa kit and a VF-1J HCM a few years ago. Disassemble the upper body to get the head out. I do remember that the legs are pretty much impossible to disassemble because all the screws are hidden under caps that you would have to pry out, leaving big gouges in the plastic.

Hello Bros:

Many thanks for you guys suggestion. I have gradually realized that the hinge must taken out together with the head. Not like 1/55, which is attached with head through a screw.

OMG, the custom VE-1 is a super masterpiece here. Why don't you open a special topic to post more pics for us to share your happiness? ^_^