New registration feedback

Hi guys, i just registered. I love the site, and am a huge macross fan, but i just wanted to give some feedback on the registration process.

I could not register with either of my email accounts, gmail or hotmail. Do you have them filtered?

I had to use a fake email account, and now i can't change it in my profile either.

Those are the only 2 email accounts i have (besides work).

Any ways great site, can't wait for the review of the wave sdf1. Looks too small for the price though.

cheers

Jman

Hi guys, i just registered. I love the site, and am a huge macross fan, but i just wanted to give some feedback on the registration process.

I could not register with either of my email accounts, gmail or hotmail. Do you have them filtered?

I had to use a fake email account, and now i can't change it in my profile either.

Those are the only 2 email accounts i have (besides work).

Any ways great site, can't wait for the review of the wave sdf1. Looks too small for the price though.

cheers

Jman

Both of those services tend to spam filter message board registration confirmations. Did you check your spam filters for each?

And, I have to ask, if you never got the emails, how did you post this?

H

Both of those services tend to spam filter message board registration confirmations. Did you check your spam filters for each?

No, i can't even click the submit button on the register page using either of those email addresses. If i put in my address, it says it's invalid. (See attached image)

And, I have to ask, if you never got the emails, how did you post this?

I had to use -----------. Which means the email account i used is bogus. I'd like to change my profile to use my real email acct. so i get updates etc. but it won't let me.

I hope this doesn't sound like i'm bitching, i'm just trying to give some feedback on the registration process.

bottome line:

1. it's really hard to register on this forum (maybe it's supposed to be hard to register). It would have been almost impossible if i didn't use -----------. I would have had to set up a yahoo account, and then find out that was blocked, find another email acct to try, etc. etc., you should at least let gmail in, as long as you have a good visual input you should be ok from the spam bots.

2. how can i set up my real email address (or do i even need to?).

post-7833-1208057633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hurin

Thanks for the clarification and the valuable feedback. gmail and hotmail addresses should now be working again. The culprit was an overzealous ban filter that was applied a while back. I've redacted some of your previous post since we'd sorta prefer it if folks registered normally instead of circumventing things. ;)

If you can, send me a PM with your email address and I'll manually update your account with it.

Best,

H

Thanks for the clarification and the valuable feedback. gmail and hotmail addresses should now be working again. The culprit was an overzealous ban filter that was applied a while back. I've redacted some of your previous post since we'd sorta prefer it if folks registered normally instead of circumventing things. ;)

If you can, send me a PM with your email address and I'll manually update your account with it.

That's why I had all those problems while trying to join MW a couple of months back. I can't remember how many different e-mail accounts I had to register and then check if the address worked here. :wacko: In the end, I thought that another American e-mail account could work, so I signed up for AOL e-mail. The problem was that I had to state a valid American (!) phone number. I think I filled in a number leading to some university in Florida. :p But it was worth all the trouble, since AOL was actually accepted. :)

Good to know that I'm now able to change to my real mail address.

Edited by Lorindor

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, first of all I'm glad to have found this forum, looks like a great site for Macross info. ^_^

Secondly, I had a similar issue, using my own address (an @wolframstudios.com address at my own domain), I would not receive the e-mails at all, I have not had this problem before and I use the same software that is used here (IPB). I eventually changed my address to an @gmail.com address and it worked. I'm not sure what the issue actually is, I've had PHP-Mail be sent to my account before without any issues, and I can't see why I'd be blacklisted here either (and if I was, I wouldn't have been able to sign up). Not in my spam, not in my inbox.

Anyway, I'm up and running now with my alternate e-mail, but it's a weird issue.

IIRC the newer version of IPB should have a log of failed e-mails.

Edited by StrangeWill