Invincible Superman Zambot 3

Gubaba

You're right, actually: Eva is an important anime, but I don't think it is an important mecha anime, all the more as it takes all the cliches of the genre without really bringing them to a really new level. I should have made this point clearer...

And as for it being one of the most talked about animes, you're also right, but I strongly believe it was for points which remain way overrated. But you're again right when you say it's not the thread for this ;)

Concerning Gaiking, I found this info onto ANN: I just saw its recent remake (which is not bad at all by the way) and I'd die to see the original subbed...

I used to have a Gaiking toy when I was about six or seven...I'd like to see the show, too.

(As for Eva...well, it's one of my all-time favorites, but I can understand why others wouldn't like it. It's something I love, but not something I feel like defending all that much, so it's just as well we drop it.)

One thing that kind of saddens me about fansubbers is, while you'll have ten groups all doing something like "Spice and Wolf" or "Rental Magica" (i.e. new series that have a good chance of being licensed), there are only a few who are willing to do older stuff that will never be brought over.

I'm still hoping for someone to do Daitarn 3, Xabungle, Gachamans II and F, and the J9 Trilogy...

Oh well, if you want something done right... ;)

Gubaba, I'd like to see Xabungle myself, there was the first six episodes fansubbed once and it was pretty cool.

Yeah...I was expecting Shin-Getter Fansubs to pick it up again, but they recently said they weren't interested in it...which is odd, since it seemed like they were going on a Tomino-spree: Raideen, Zambot, Ideon, L-Gaim...

I found Xabungle raws at Tokyo-Toshokan, but I haven't downloaded them yet (I'm still working on downloading -and uploading back- Legend of the Galactic Heroes, which takes up a lot of time and HD space...). Let's hope SOMEONE takes a crack at them.