Mesher wanted for Macross/RT turrrets for ships

Star Dragon

Hey all,

I know there are several master level meshers here and was hoping just one of you would be interested in making various low poly turrets that capture the flavor of Zentreadi and UN Spacy ships.

Over the years some 3d meshes have become available, but most of the time they do not have turrets or the native ones are woefully inadequate for the feel of the series.

The point of this request is so a small collection of open-use turrets be made so many projects in the future (not just mine) can access them and depending on their own engine limitations, cover their meshes with these more accurate looking turrets.

For sake of usability a poly budget of 20-200 would be reasonable for generic ones with 300-500 for larger more elaborate detailed ones, like main guns.

No doubt if anyone were to take on this mini-project they would earn the gratitude of many people (much like Coxxon did when he released his BSG models for several diff gaming communities last year).

IF a non-series person needs references I can post them, but I figure most people here know exactly what Gun/missile turrets I am talking about for both forces. Zent Capital ship weapons and UNSPACY ship weaponry.

Any questions/comments pls post!

NP, I remember your work. RL can be a real B sometimes...

I've never quit the project but often put it in the back burner. I just got off a Stargate kick and after taking it as far as I could (it wasn't my project I was just helping) I am now on a TOS BSG kick.

Course since I got that mega crossover fanfic I also collect many other meshes for screenie and battle scenes.

We just figured out why Yamato won't fire, all the turrets were different from the game data for every turret (DOH!) lol

I'm currently working on a weapon for BASARA that fires glowing musical notes or wave pulses and dose NO DAMAGE to the enemy, but does have an emp effect (it has some mass and bats them around physically and messes with their power/targeting) essential making them helpless for a few seconds each time they are hit!

Oh yes the Cylons are just going to LOVE Basara! (evil grin)

Hopefully sometime in the future you'll have more time available for these flights of fancy. :)

post-1514-1203523671_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1203523839_thumb.jpg

Edited by Star Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

Basically for now just on my HD. I've been modding for 4-5 years now but have relative no skill, especially in 3d. It is only thanks to the works of others (like AA above) I spin them to my vision. Most of the time I get lucky and things work. I have a great many projects started but none in any form of release as some have a handful of models and no actual missions, but look great for screenshots (like Gundam, Trek, or Starblazers)

BTW if anyone wants to try out for a voice role for any RT character I'm eager to hear what's out there (although there is no script ready by any means.) I barely started work on the Demo Audio as I found the perfect guy for Captain Kramer (also Dr Lang). I got another one for Gloval, but that's not a lock yet.

Essentially if they were a major character or secondary one with voice lines in the episodes with combat, I can use people for those roles. At this point castign is only for MACROSS SAGA, not the other two parts.

One benefit is if a person is picked for a Role in Macross Saga, if that same actor in RL had a role in the other two parts, the person chosen that sounds best for the role will also have first dibbs on the second and third part characters unless they ar not interested in continuing the other two projects then.

Like Max sterling was Lancer(yellow Dancer), Lisa Hayse was Sara (Invid Princess), etc...

Also ATM no plans are made for Southern Cross (as space combat was limited in that series and we have NOT solved many of the ground element issues other mods ARE working on as we speak. So basically Part three RT Next Generation (based on Genesis Climber Mospedia) will be the next project tackled.

Any interested persons should make a few recording lines the character would typically say (be it a joke, order, or battle response) and send me 3-4 of them as that character. IF you want to try for multiple characters that's fine, just don't over do it. :)

PM me a DL and I'll get back to you with a critique of how I can best use you in comparison to the character list.

One final thing, this is mainly a feeler and to let people know I am looking for VA's but actual work for it will be started at a much later date. I might have some people ready earlier than others based on how much more content can get refined and ready for missions. We have an enormous amount of content to work with testing wise, but few 100% ready or completed (mainly a 3d mesh issue).

Edited by Star Dragon