Yamato Repairs

VF-25 Angelus

Thread is for discussing Yamato problems and potential ways to repair them.

As crude as this might sound, I did manage to temporarily fix a loose connector in a 1/60 DYRL VF-1S with whiteout, although this kinda made it look ugly.

Does anyone have any alternatives to fix loose joints on Yamato models? A particular problem I have is with my VF-0S and DYRL VF-1A Max, arm ball joints. Theyre loose and cant hold up the arm, specially when the gunpod is in it.

Thread is for discussing Yamato problems and potential ways to repair them.

As crude as this might sound, I did manage to temporarily fix a loose connector in a 1/60 DYRL VF-1S with whiteout, although this kinda made it look ugly.

Does anyone have any alternatives to fix loose joints on Yamato models? A particular problem I have is with my VF-0S and DYRL VF-1A Max, arm ball joints. Theyre loose and cant hold up the arm, specially when the gunpod is in it.

Assuming the ball joint construction is the same as the 1/48's - dismantle the casing (shoulder). Inside there will be two soft plastic / rubber covers that enclose the ball. Take these out and coat the inner surface with a few coats of nail varnish (or coat the ball). This will tighten the joint. Reassemble. Remember to allow to cure fully between coats and reassembling, and make sure the nail varnish wont attack the rubber by testing the back first. A more temporary fix is to use PVA glue, but this will rapidly wear out and need replacing (and you'll notice it falling out of the joint).