Studio Half Eye YF-19

BinaryFalcon

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've got a partially completed 1/100 Perfect Variable SHE YF-19 resin kit.

I've had it for 8 or 9 years now, and the parts are all nice and clean with only a couple of minor holes that needed to be filled (which has been done). I've cut and cleaned all of the parts so far, drilled a good number of them, and have assembled the forward fuselage. It is at this point, largely a box of ready to go parts.

Basically the reason I'm asking is because I doubt I'll ever actually get around to building this thing at this point, and "price check" or "make me an offer" posts in the For Sale/Trade section of the forums appear to be off limits. However, I've honestly no idea what would be a reasonable asking price for the kit and am looking to pass it along to someone who would appreciate it and enjoy building it.

If this isn't an appropriate request here, please just ignore or lock it.

EDIT:

Given the number of people who have read this and not yet responded, perhaps a better question would be,

Is there even any interest in this kit at this point?

Edited by BinaryFalcon

Well, ever since IHP and later on its successor Liquid Stone released their versions of 1/100 fully variable YF-19 kits, the prices on the SHE kits hav dropped quite a fair bit.

Given the fact that your kit is partially built, it will even command less. In my opinon, if you want to get the most out of the kit, sell it as a complete item, meaning finish building it or at least build it up and leave the paint job to the potential buyer. This way you will attract more interested parties.

Good to know, thanks.

I tend to doubt I'll actually build it up though, as at that point I'd probably just keep it.

I'm not really looking to sell the thing expecting I'll make a lot of money from it, but I was thinking of putting it up because it's not doing me any good as it is, and I figured someone else might like it and I could get something back on the purchase price. It's this or I likely shelve the thing for another decade before finally tossing it out.

I'd like to just put it up as a "What do you think is fair" type thing, but since that's not allowed I was hoping to get a rough idea of what would be a reasonable asking price as is.

Ah well, maybe I'll just pick a price and post it, but I truly have no idea where would be a good place to start.