Custom Cockpit Question

redfinger61

I love the 1/72 Hasegawa Valks I think they look great and have a good amount of detail, I just finsihed VF-1 Skull-1 version and as I was building I noticed how much detail was lacking from the cockpit, other then the desplay screen decal there isn't really anymore.

As I prepare form my next 2 Valks I was thinking of getting a resin cockpit from modern fighter, like a F-14 or F-15, or some other one and working it in to give a little mroe detail to the whole thing.

So I have a couple of questions about doing that;

1. I am planning on putting a pilot in as well, would the pilot look out of scale w/ a 1/72 modern figther cockpit?

2. If anyone has done this, how much modifaction is need to the origonal kit to make it fit?

3. Anyone have any pics?

Just a thought, but after lookiing at the cockpit in this link;

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D1

it looks like they might have done something similar.

Ashton

That conversion is awesome! Now I know where the backseater goes when he has really BAD gas :lol: ! Make your own details! Get some clear and coat it on the back with chrome/silver and green on the front for the monitors. Drill out gauges and fill in with white, or cover with old decals, made up decals on your PC. Keep us posted whatever you do! - MT

Be careful with the hasegawa macross pilots as I just used two in the F-14 I'm building. When I sat the pilots in the seats they where tiny, I had to cut the pilots at the waist and add about 4mm to make them taller. The legs seem fine and the arms look ok as the f-14's cockpit is mostly hidden from the shoulders down once the canopy is on. So in the valks they are fine but you might find problems if you tried to mount side panels in the valks cockpit. The VF-1's lack of detail is mostly behind the seat.