Club-M/Yellow Submarine Super Valk

redfinger61

I just recently aquired this model, it is unassembled and an original cast. However all the instructions are in Japanese, so I cant read them. I have looked through most of the parts and they all seem to be there, except for the small antenna "fins" that are located near the front of the nose, they dont seem to be anywhere in the box, but on the instructions they are shown in the final instruction assembly, w/ some Japanese writing next to them, I just dont know what that writing says....

So anyone who built this, am I missing a part that the seller didnt give me, or am I too scratch build these fins?

Ashton

I took a look at my Club-M 1/72 normal VF-1, and it's the same thing. They're not included in the kit. I can't read all of the japanese text, but it looks like it's telling you to cut them out of sheet styrene.

It's kinda odd that they don't provide a template for cutting them out though... every resin kit I've seem that calls for you to make your own plastic parts gives either a template or dimensions of the part.

Thanks for letting me know, I may have some in a Has kit that I have used as practice and such....

BTW, do you know if the 1/48 Ultimate detail inlcudes them or do I need to cut them as well?

Ashton

Just use the Hase parts as a guide in cutting them out. I'd probably use .030" sheet styrene, cut them out, then sand the edges to make them a bit thinner.

I'm pretty sure they're resin in the 1/48 kit. If not, they're on the photoetch sheet.