Podcast: FOOTBALL ROBO

Ginrai

Ok, I've listened to it.

You dissed 2001: A Space Odyssey, the greatest sci-fi movie ever. I will see you burn in the pits of hell for this. :angry:

A bit too many "F" words there. For a moment, I thought I was watching a Kevin Smith film. :lol:

The real reason I can't get Southern Cross is that I don't have a credit card. All those online sellers are out of my reach. I also live in a very small area. The city I live in is also the most culturally illiterate in the world. The only anime you can find are the generic, hot selling DVD's. No old/classic stuff here.

The Dai Apolon portion was ok, but it just seemed too weird a show to really make an interesting podcast out of.

Thank you for your feedback. I don't want to get into a big debate about 2001, but it is a very slow movie with very little emotional impact. It is kind of the opposite of humanistic. While it has amazing visuals and was hugely influential in sci-fi, it is a flawed movie. Tartovsky's Solaris is kind of a rebuttal to 2001 and is in some ways a similar movie, but is intensely emotional and humanistic and in my mind, the superior film.

We're not going to stop swearing. Sorry. :)

I guess one option left would be to get paypal and just hook it up to your bank account and then buy it off ebay? Or try to get someone else who does have a card to buy it for you and just pay them cash, you know, if you are really interested in seeing SC.

The problem with Dai Apolon is that despite the weird ass football veneer, it's a very generic 70's super robot show. It's not bad enough to be unintentionally funny, and not over the top enough to be entertaining on those merits (like Mazinger Z vs. Devilman was), and it's not great, either, so it's just kinda there. It was stupid and funny in places, but not stupid enough, so it was kind of like, "Wow, this is... sorta weird..." Probably the best podcasts are when we really hate something or really love something, but I am just as interested in getting obscure things recognition as I am about promoting things I love dearly or exposing overrated crap for what it truly is.

Edited by Ginrai