How do you customize the TV pilots

JEXPRIME

i personally have never tried but seeing as the TV pilots are rubber, the paint might not stick as well as you would hope. also, removing the paint might be an issue because it might melt/change the rubber in the process.

i guess you could always sacrifice one of your TV pilots and take the plunge but i think you might be better off buying some recasts.

i personally have never tried but seeing as the TV pilots are rubber, the paint might not stick as well as you would hope. also, removing the paint might be an issue because it might melt/change the rubber in the process.

i guess you could always sacrifice one of your TV pilots and take the plunge but i think you might be better off buying some recasts.

I repainted my TV hik pilot just over the top of the existing paint, no stripping. I did wash and degrease it carefully though. Using a flexible acrylic (citadel is king here) works very well on the soft plastic. Since you do want good adhesion, I'd recommend priming (citadel skull white) before undercoating (I used citadel fortress grey) and then highlighting up. You need a 'thick' painting style for these, or your paint will split visibly when the figure flexes. I'd probably advise against enamels or tamiya / humbrol ('dusty') finish acrylics, as these form a surface that's too brittle, and the paint will flake off easily. You may also want to omit a varnish / topcoat unless you can find one with similar flexible properties.

Edited by winterdyne