Modelers please help!

carlodibi

there are many products for use in this case. right now I don´t remember any brands but they are like a silicon rubber that you aply like paint with a brush and when its dry you can paint over it and then remove it. the other solution is to use pieces of paper tape to do the curved mask, but I don´t recomend this because is very hard to do in small pieces and achieve a good result. I´m shure that more expienced modellers will give a better help. hope this help you.

You can cut the masking tape into thin strips and then you should be able to apply the strip in the curve that you want. After that, go back with bigger pieces to fill in the rest of the area that you want to mask.

Silly putty can also be used to make irregular shapes, and then stick it on the kit where you want it. You can adjust it right on the model to make whatever shape you desire.

you can use pin-striping mask tape, it just a small roll of very narrow masking tape that has a kind of rubbery flexible backing. It can make some pretty tight curves and most hobby stores carry it. run a line of this along the curve to create your smooth edge, then cover the area behind with regular mask. Just make sure the regular mask touches the pin-stripe to cover completly. That way you get a nice clean edge. you can also use automotive pin-striping mask the same way.

This is the easiest way if you're unsure about yor skills. Its fairly easy to work with.

Others have already mentioned cutting your mask to the shape you need and the liquid mask.