The Returner??

muswp1

Ok, I saw a commercial during Fox's NFL coverage of the Bears vs. Saints game for a movie that looks like it came from Japan called "The Returner" The commercial looked like it was an anime movie involving lots of different things transforming into robots, like in the middle of the commercial was a 747 turning into a piloted robot. Anyone know anything about this one??

EDIT: Spelling and Grammar

Edited by muswp1

There was a previous thread about this movie. maybe you should check it.

Generally speaking the Returner is a very cool Sci Fi Japanese movie. I have the DVD and I really enjoyed.

It is kinda anime, and the transforming mecha is not the main thing in the movie at all.

Man, the BAD guy was SO funny!

Check it if you can.

It isn't bad at all, pretty good fun in fact. They could do with better English dialogue, that's all. The girl actually speaks it fine, but I believe the scripted lines were in broken English. It's not noticeable in the beginning because other people are already hamming their lines and lots of action is taking place. But the end scene, being a quiet, almost solemn moment, her crap lines really trip up the mood. A simple redub would do a world of good.

There was a previous thread about this movie. maybe you should check it.

Generally speaking the Returner is a very cool Sci Fi Japanese movie. I have the DVD and I really enjoyed.

It is kinda anime, and the transforming mecha is not the main thing in the movie at all.

Man, the BAD guy was SO funny!

Check it if you can.

Do you have the link for that thread?? I can't find it anywhere.