Vote for Yamato Toy of the Year

dafunguy

Happy New Year! :D

The year 2006 was one of the best years for Yamato Macross toys. They threw almost everything at us ... VF-1 Low Viz camo, Low Viz camo GBP, VF-1 super stealth (along with the biggest toy box ever made), Angel Birds, green VF-1 of that fat guy that got [spoiler ALERT] killed, display stands (with ipod nano colors), VF-0S (which gave us the term "floppiness"), VF-0A, YF-19 (with the infamous crooked gunpod!!!). There were just one good annoucement after another and that made for a very exciting year. These were all released this year, right??? :wacko:

Of all these Yamato toys released this year, which one was your favorite? As much as I like the YF-19, my vote goes to the VF-0A. The YF-19 could have been my favorite, but it was not perfect. The VF-0A on the other hand is close to perfection. It looks good in all 3 modes, all the QC issues from the 0S have been addressed, the color looks great, the details are awesome (rotating seat, feet exhast, etc), innovative transformation that does not require going to the gym, and it just plain looks cool.

Here's hoping for an exiting 2007! Now it's time for me to party soon and I'll check back next year! Remember, don't drink and then try to transform a YF-19 (you will be sorry in the morning)!!! Hahahaha.

Well off and on i collected some way cool stuffs. Yamato wise i have only picked up a VF-1a cannon fod

(thanks to Kensei!) and a sparey VF-1S Hikaru for a custom colour project when i get time.

But with no doubt, the YF-19 1/60 gets my vote. Picking it up from Japan on the way back to aussie

just puts icing on the cake. QC problems aside it is righteous. The floppy wings, landing gear, and crooked

gunpod are something us 1st runners can live with. Too bad Yamato couldn't spend a bit more effort with QC.

I placed my pre-order with HLJ yesterday for the Shin VF-0a ghost combo,

so i can't vote for that yet heh. :D I believe that will be totally awesome. (which would be my first zero).

But for sentimental reason i would still say the YF-19 would come out triumphant. It's just that damn goood.

You should have done a poll. :p That'd be interesting.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie