custom 1/48 on archives

Gatsu

I too would love to see a guide for disassembling a 1/48 with pics. I need to replace the backplate (not the backpack) on my Hikaru 1A. I already have the replacement part, but I haven't attempted to do the switch because I don't know how to take it apart or where to start.

Gatsu,

while it seems like a daunting task to take a 1/48 apart and put it back together, its actually pretty straight forward, just bust out your instruction booklet(it helps) and start unscrewing things. at this point i can disassemble and reassemble a valk without even thinking about it, thats how simple it he assembly is. the only part thats sort of a pain is the legs cause theres a tension spring in the knee joint, but outside of the legs the rest is a cinch.

for the legs...

first, remove the plastic bit on the inner calf of the valk. its the piece with the little nub that hold the arms in place in fighter mode. once you remove the cover(use fun-tac or something sticky on it and pull it out) make sure to take that screw out first.

second, remove the rubber screw cover on the inside knee joint. while holding it tight, start unscrewing it. be sure to hold it tight while you're doing it because theres a tension spring in the knee joint that will want to pop out. once you got the screw out, try to keep track of where all the piece came from and just put it back together.

mister_e,

the screw you want to remove is on the underside of the center assembly, theres only one screw there(its dead center) that holds the entire backpack section, remove it and its pretty cut and dry from that point. you'll need a pokey tool of some sort to remove the hinge pin but thats about it.

IPB Image