Newbie Question

Victorious Secret

Hello All,

I'm new here.

I am about to build my first 1/72 Super Ostrich. However I know nothing about Valkyries but I want to build it as accurate as possible. I use acrylic to paint and I have a few questions hopefully you ladies and gentlemen can help me out.

1. I look at the instruction book and notice color #318 is called Radome. What color is Radome?

2. Is the color guide in the instruction book refers to Gunze-Sanyo Mr. Color enamel or the acrylic kind?

3. I saw some pictures where the Super Ostrich is white and red. Is that accurate?

4. Is there such Super Ostrich as one seater with missiles?

5. Can anyone help me with the line drawing of Lynn Minmay's helmet?

I was referred by my friend that you all are expert in the Macross stuff. I would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me with the above questions.

Thanks,

VS

Edited by Victorious Secret

Well let's see

1. I look at the instruction book and notice color #318 is called Radome. What color is Radome?

Radome is the tan-like colour you see on the fuselage (the parts that are not orange).

2. Is the color guide in the instruction book refers to Gunze-Sanyo Mr. Color enamel or the acrylic kind?

It actually refers to both. The white squares in black boxes are Mr Colour (solvent based) and the black numbers in the white boxes preceeded by an 'H' are the Mr. Hobby (acrylics) line

3. I saw some pictures where the Super Ostrich is white and red. Is that accurate?

Just stick to the Hasagawa instructions and you'll be fine. They're pretty much dead on as far as colour/markings. As for what you saw, could be a colour annomally due to photo-shoot lighting, of monitor calibration or web-colour non compatibility, or just some crazy custom.

4. Is there such Super Ostrich as one seater with missiles?

-NO- the S.O. is basically the DYRL? version of the VF-1D two seat trainer from SDF Macross.

5. Can anyone help me with the line drawing of Lynn Minmay's helmet?

You just had to ask for line art didn't you!

Hope this all helps. and don't forget to post pics when your done!

Charles.

post-2604-1160001012_thumb.jpg

Charles Thank you very much for your helping hand.

I figure if I'm going to build my first Valkyrie then I'm going to do it right. Is there anything else I need to know before I start?

VS

Well as far as anything specific to this kit, I simply don't know, as I've yet to build mine. And as I don't know what kind of modelling experience you've got, I wouldn't know where to begin with general model building tips except don't forget Have Fun! ;)B))