VF-1 crew ladder & canopy questions

Maxtype

You know the F-4 Phantom-style crew ladder on VF-1's?Has anybody scratchbuilt or modified one in 1/72 scale?Also,are there any good drawing or photos to show the pivot when the Valk's canopy is open?Thanks.

::edit:: Are you talking about the built-in ladder, or a separate one? F-4's used both, depending on Navy vs Air Force. I know the VF-1 canonically has a built-in one like the F-4/F-14, but can't recall if they ever used separate ones.

As for hinge pics--none that I can find.

Edited by David Hingtgen

::edit:: Are you talking about the built-in ladder, or a separate one? F-4's used both, depending on Navy vs Air Force. I know the VF-1 canonically has a built-in one like the F-4/F-14, but can't recall if they ever used separate ones.

As for hinge pics--none that I can find.

The Navy-style built in one.Gomen-I should have been more clear. :huh:

I should have close up of pics of an F-14's ladder if you'd like some references.

Not that one so much,but the thin 2-step one-I just checked and there's a great view in"Pineapple Salad"when the crew check Roy's VF-1S.My problem is trying to fabricate it in 1/72 scale.I'm building a VF-1J as a MiliaType with a ground crew loading weapons.I'd also like to have an open canopy and deployed boarding ladder. I guess I was asking if anybody had made one out of brass or something.

Edited by Maxtype