Neca Balrog Finally Released!

Lol. I initially thought that you were talking about Balrog from Street Fighter. I was like, "Who the heck would want a 24" statue of him?" Anyway, that thing is beautiful, although I wish someone would go the cheapie route and just make a giant Balrog along the same lines of quality as the giant Nazgul toy of a couple of years ago to defray the cost; $99 is too much for me...

Lol.  I initially thought that you were talking about Balrog from Street Fighter.  I was like, "Who the heck would want a 24" statue of him?"  Anyway, that thing is beautiful, although I wish someone would go the cheapie route and just make a giant Balrog along the same lines of quality as the giant Nazgul toy of a couple of years ago to defray the cost; $99 is too much for me...

425547[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah the cost is pretty high, especially with new 1/48 & MP-03 &04 coming out in the next month

• 4 weeks later...

Balrog Experience

The box was huge when it got here. It's aboout the same size as a case of 1/48's

It was a massive toy, and frankly I did not know where I was going to put it.

At the time I was extremely happy with it. It was like getting my 1/72 Yamato YF-19 when it first came out. The balrog has a 53 inch wingspan and about 30 inches tall. The pics below are with my VF-oS 1/60 Yamato. The sculpt is excellent. I have been wanting one of these since I saw the first movie.

I decicded to place it on top of the entertainment center. When I came home it had fallen over backwards against the wall. After some examination, I noticed the tail was bent differently. I removed it and noticed it rattled. I emailed Bigbadtoystore.com and NECA. BBTS responded with a store credit offer or exchange. I already threw away the box, so no exchange. They also said no parts available. I took the store credit and ordered some 1/48 stealth FP :-)

I still have not heard back from NECA.

After doing some research,(thanks google) I found some info about Epoxy. I settled on ordering a product called QuiKPlastik. It has a 20 min set time, and is moldable.

I opened up the tail by cutting around the top with a exacto knife. Inside the hollow tail there was a broken post with a attached to a clear hard plastic tube. I thought "this is supposed to help hold up 35 pds of menacing plastic."

So I used the QP to strengthen the original parts with combination of superglue and a cut up wire hanger. The end result looked like a frakin' sextoy. I case you were wondering why there are no pictures.

While it was setting, I used the rest of the Epoxy to set the wings firmly in place. I the used a fast setting Epoxy to glue the tail back together.

Also in my research, someone noted that the feet are smooth on the bottom. So placing it on a smooth surface may result in the hips moving and then a shelf-dive. I slove this by gettig a rubber drawer liner and cutting it to size.

100_3133.jpg

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3103.jpg

100_3102.jpg