What Zentraedi Vessel Is That Used In Eps. #35?

Ok,

I'm trying to figure out what vessel is being used by Azonia/Laplamiz's Queadlunn-Rau in eps. #35 (Season's Greetings in Robotech). It appears to be about the size of a Tou Redir Scout, but doesn't conform to the silhouette of a Tou Redir (from what I can tell). Does anyone have a screen capture of this vessel from the Restored Macross? Is this another one of the DYRL? vessels that appear in SDF Macross, or is it something altogether different?

Yep that's the Zen's 'gunship'. I've also seen it labelled as the Rineunadou Lojmeuean Monitor class ship, which I prefer but one I doubt that is correct.

That particular ship isn't only seen in #35 either! It has scattered shots of it across the series. Most of the images are when earth gets bombarded with a smattering of background shots when you have panning across the Zen fleet.

I have 90% of the RT materials captured, but DYRL version is better detailed. I'll try and get my captures uploaded soon.

Until then:

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Naval/zen_Monitor.html

Going by the Compendium (and my copy of Macross Perfect Memory* backs this up, though I don't know what the Macross Gold Book has to say about it) the name of the ship is:

砲艦

Aka: Gun Destroyer.

http://macross.anime.net//mecha/zentradi/s...oyer/index.html

*Technically speaking, the Macross Perfect Memory book calls it a 'Medium Sized Gun Destroyer'. Medium being the size of the ship - I guess by Zentraedi standards - and gun would probably be better translated as cannon; as the wife says.

Edited by sketchley

Heh,

not to quibble (cause y'all are probably right), the Monitor Khyron/Kamjin commands in eps. #36 is coloured brown whereas the ship Azonia/Laplamis launches off of in eps. #35 is coloured that Zentraedi green. What did they do, make their men get out and sling paint on the hull? :lol:

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil