Searching For A Mecha

I must say that my interests in Japanese toys really took off when I took a trip to Thailand in 1995. It was my first introduction to so many of these imports. I also realized that sentai toys underwent many changes before being sent over to the US. Ah, the stories I could tell.

Anyway, there's this one particular toy that I found fascinating but can't remember anymore. I've been digging around Zinc Panic for a few months but have come up empty handed. And I don't see any links pointing to a dedicated mecha forum.

The toy came in two versions, a larger box and smaller and simpler transformation version. The alternate mode was shuttle-like, possibly delta shaped. The body was black and had purple fins. I think it had Eva-01 colors.

This was around 1995 but unlikely older than 1990. It had a Gundam X flavor.

Knowing the wealth of toys that are produced in Japan, it's possible that whole toy lines have flown under the radar of sites and collectors. A lot of collectors look for things before my time, and I in turn collect nostalgic things that might mean nothing to someone else. But you understand. :rolleyes:

Got any more info. I'm sure I can find it for you.

420325[/snapback]

The small version was about 4 inches long. The large verson came in a box that was roughly the same size of a Megazord.

The small one may have had a simpler transformation where you had to take off the wings and may have turned into legs.

I think it was the antagonist because it was shelved to a similar but white version.

I keep thinking bat or dragon even though I remember a delta shape. The hero looks like it's from Dragonar, but I don't see a black ship in Dragonar.

I remember that vehicle mode didn't look like an afterthought as you see in Gundam. This was a full transformation and not just a wing backpack or core fighter. Aside from Gundam X, it had a Gridman style to it.

I'm sorry if this info is vague.

Edited by Goth Kitty 22