Vf-19

Aurel Tristen

When I was on block leave, I brought my computer on an 8 hour car trip, and spent some of the time modeling this. A good friend of mine is a HUGE fan of Macross Plus, so he had a VF-19 toy that I picked up and started working off of. I knew that the toy could transform (I can hold it for the love of god, its physically real) and so I decided to make my model directly based off of the toy instead of reference images and the actual aircraft. After the mechanics of the transformation where worked out, I could then refine it to look more accurate.

Main problem is, I left the toy in Missouri though, so now work is on hold :(

YF19B.jpg

YF19.jpg

For everyone who uses 3D studio, yes, its a polygon mesh. Call me oldfasion, but I like to keep the polycount down.

Oh, and here is an older model I made of the 19. I spent a week putting this baby in flight simulator! LOL. The funny part was that I read the stats of the 19, and imputed the proper pounds of thrust, and wing area and such. In other words, if the VF-19 was real, it technically could fly like this, but I was pulling a good 200 Gs on most of these maneuvers, witch could easily shatter the aircraft.

th_YF-19inaction.jpg

Welcome to MW!

One point of advice; Don't use the 1/72 VF-19 to make a 3d model out of. It's widely known as a bad rendition of that particular VF. Maybe you'd better wait for the 1/60 Yamato to be released.

btw: image sigs aren't allowed.

Welcome to MW!

One point of advice; Don't use the 1/72 VF-19 to make a 3d model out of. It's widely known as a bad rendition of that particular VF. Maybe you'd better wait for the 1/60 Yamato to be released.

btw: image sigs aren't allowed.

419435[/snapback]

Changed my sig. If the admin doesn't want image sigs, I suggest he/she disables them in the board settings.

Yes, I think I am using the model you speak of

vf19_final_proto02.jpg

I don't have a choice. I can only work with what I have. Its very hard to receive packages when you live in the barracks on a military base. If you have on post housing, that works fine, but for some reason, they mess it up otherwise.

I actually prefer the one you have flying, since it looks more like the YF-19--longer wingspan and such than the VF version. I actually prefer the YF, personally, and have been waiting for someone to give it a proper FS model.

Looked good, but I do have one comment.

Overspeed much? XD

I actually prefer the one you have flying, since it looks more like the YF-19--longer wingspan and such than the VF version. I actually prefer the YF, personally, and have been waiting for someone to give it a proper FS model.

Looked good, but I do have one comment.

Overspeed much? XD

419538[/snapback]

Yeah, lol. I don't know how it handels speed verses over speed. That thing flew like... um... a toy in a 6 year olds hand lol.

I don't have a choice.  I can only work with what I have.  Its very hard to receive packages when you live in the barracks on a military base.  If you have on post housing, that works fine, but for some reason, they mess it up otherwise.

419458[/snapback]

You have trouble even if you get it sent to your mail room? That's odd. I've always been able to get anything anywhere I've been. Including a 1.2m Hughes Satellite Dish through FedEx here in Iraq.

In any case, good seeing another soldier and 3ds Max modeler here. Your 19 looks good. If you look through the old posts there's a ton of lineart for the VF-19, also some of the folks here like Nanashi...erm, the original one who posts as Nanashino, have access to high quality scans.

Prime example, I orderd Macross DYRL, Macross Zero OVA, and Macross 7 the movie (why not? Gotta give it a try), and acording to USPS, it was deliverd to Ft. Lewis last friday. Here we are, almost a week later, still nothing. Ive been told by people who have been in this company far longer than I that they have lost packages, and I'm a little paranoid about paying $150 for somthing I never get :p

If I do get somthing though, it would probebly be a Yamoto VF-1S first. I'm only modeling the 19 becosue my VF-1 is done, but having a more accurate transformable of the VF-1 than the Toynami one I shouldnt have bought would be so nice ^_^

I'll have to start digging around for that line art you speak of.

Looks good!

Yeah, I know, I expected that. Thats why I was going to model it off of the toy first, and then work backwords to make it look more accurate. Its also alot more complicated of a transformation than the VF1, or at the least one that I don't understand as well.

This is mine. I made it last year.

I planned to make it transformable. But at last I found it rather impossible transforming in a normal way as it designed.

3214_loo_20060728202634.jpg

Dude, you should skin that puppy and let the community make walls out of it.

That is very nice work!