Star Wars Weapons

I know that the Storm Trooper Blaster was made off of a British Sterling Sub Machine Gun and Han Solo's Blaster is a Broom Handled Mauser.

I am in need of information on what type of Rifle was Luke Skywalkers Blaster Rifle in ANH based off of and are there any good photos of it anywhere?

It was the one that he had on the side of the Sand Speeder when he went looking for R2-D2 and that the Tusken Raider chopped in half.

Edited by B-52 GUNNER

I'm not positive if his rilfe has been identified yet. There were some pics I had seen of some Tusken rifles, which turned out to be a variety of old flintlocks which had been dressed up with the requisite camera and model part doodads. I'm betting Luke's rfile was something similar.

I recognize your avatar, aren't you on the rpf? Have you tried searching around there? I think there was a thread about some props being auctioned off and there was some discussion about what guns the props were made from I think it included Luke's rifle.

I recognize your avatar, aren't you on the rpf?  Have you tried searching around there?  I think there was a thread about some props being auctioned off and there was some discussion about what guns the props were made from I think it included Luke's rifle.

416665[/snapback]

Yes, Here I am B-52 GUNNER but on the RPF and PropCircle I am OhioAStromech.

I was going to post this question there but there is a large resource here as well to get info off of.

;)

Other Star Wars weapons / props (geek knowledge):

T-21: Big gun held by orange-pauldroned Stormtrooper at Mos Eisley: British Lewis Machinegun

A-280 Rifle: Blaster rifle used by the Rebel infantry at Hoth: Altered German Sturmgewehr-44 Assault Rifles (WWII)

Some of the Stormtroopers at Mos Eisley were carrying around as "rifles" what looks to be unaltered (but demilled in all likeliness) German MG-34's out of WWII. They even had Bipods on them still.

TK409.com Do-It-Yourself Star Wars Props (Sandtrooper)

Has a couple reference stuff if you need.