Kotobukiya Krap

OK, has anyone made any Kotobukiya Super Robot Wars model kits by Kotobukiya?

I've just finished Alteisen (see pic; no paint yet) and man, was the fitting a bitch. Glue is supposedly optional but in this case I had no choice but the apply it by the truckload. The plastic was really flimsy as well.

I had to shave off a whole bunch of polycaps just to make them fit and articulation is as good as zero.

Has anyone made the new Armored Core (Mirage) kit by Kotobukiya? Is it as crap as this? I hope I haven't wasted my money. I bought 5 kotos in a mad spell the other day.

i did not know the fitting was that bad, i really wanted to get the Huckebein MK II kit, i may have to rethink that.

chris

i did not know the fitting was that bad, i really wanted to get the Huckebein MK II kit, i may have to rethink that.

chris

397097[/snapback]

If you guys like both Huckebsin MKII and Alteisen figure, might as well get the Unifive diecast version. Save you a lot of pain assembling, when the fitment seems a nightmare. Doesn't save you money though. :p The MKII is awesome and very poseable, and I am still waiting for my Alteisen to ship. Its 1/144 scale, so should be same size as these Kotobukiya.

I made the Armored Core Gaia model a month ago and fitting was not a problem. Some small parts definetelly need to be glued, but generally speaking I was very happy with the model. Poseability is good.

here some pics of the finished model: