R/c Jets?

LSWONE 2.0

Hi,

Sorry if I am in the wrong spot for this but I was just wondering if anyone had painted an R/C Jet ala Macross? I have yet to see one done. We have some great custom model paint jobs and I was hoping to see some R/C jets in this fashion.

I am currently working on a twin engine F22 Raptor and looking to fashion it in a Macross paint scheme. The raptor is 4 feet in length and roughly 3.5 feet wide. I have laid out the electronics and tested the engines. The servos still need some tweaking but before I fully assemble it, I plan on painting it. I have been lagging with this project due to work, school and family. Next week I am taking some time off and plan on laying out some paint. If anyone has some examples of some R/C jets, I would really appreciate you sharing them.

Thanks in advance. B))

Actually 3 SV-51s are in work 1 is the balsa prototype to see if the airframe was even flightworthy(it was) and the other 2 are even better foam models, hand made by Luke(IAD). The man does wonderful work and if the weather is good his first foam airframe is going up for maiden flight testing this weekend.

The second foam SV will have any needed changes incorporated into the design and then will be sent to me.

I dont know if luke will do it but there have been plans in work at his RC acft group for a YF/VF-19. A few different variations of the VF-1 have been done but they arent too aerodynamically different fom an F-14 without horizontal stabs.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=...:en-US:official

This link is for anyone that wants to try someone else on the site posted this. I don't remember where but I built this model about a year ago and worked great for me maybe someone else can try. If anyone manages to contact the owner of the design and gets the pdf file I would love to get a copy of it again so I can build another one. LSWONE 2.0 Sorry didn't get this up here for you sooner would have been nice looking on your f22. But I personally think you made a good choice with the scheme you chose. Anyway Be nice to see pics once finished.

No problem Don't get around to my RC stuff much anymore due to work and everything. At least with the papercraft hobby it is something I can work on any where or anytime. Hey, I fully beleive in sharing the knowledge. But, again can't take credit for someone else having found it first. Just nice to see it is still there.