1/48 Scale Valkyrie...headrests?

Chet

Ok, so I've read that one of the ways you can tell a 1st release 1/48 Hikaru from the revised version is the different shape of the head rests. Does anyone have any pics of the two kinds of headrest? Would these be visible when looking into a sealed, boxed toy? :blink:

The first issue has a boxy headrest, the 2nd has a concave headreast that follows the line of the helmet.  All you should really need to do is open the flap and take a look.  If you do a forum search, I'm pretty sure we've dicussed this before with pics.

351960[/snapback]

Tried. Couldn't find any.

Hope you can see this pic clearly. I search through the MW website and forums to find pics which showed as clear as possible of the headrest so I could pass it to my friend when he bought a Roy for me to make sure it wasn't a first Issue. Anyway here it is. The CF will be the new pilot seat, while the other is the earlier issue pilot seat, which was only on the 1st Issue of the Roy 1S and Hikaru 1A, Max 1A and the LV.

post-865-1134519186.jpg

Edited by Valk-1S

Hope you can see this pic clearly. I search through the MW website and forums to find pics which showed as clear as possible of the headrest so I could pass it to my friend when he bought a Roy for me to make sure it wasn't a first Issue. Anyway here it is. The CF will be the new pilot seat, while the other is the earlier issue pilot seat, which was only on the 1st Issue of the Roy 1S and Hikaru 1A, Max 1A and the LV.

352098[/snapback]

Thanks! I'll look them over when I get home. (damn office monitor is shot... :angry: )

352098[/snapback]

Thanks. Hope someone can post clearer pics, though. :unsure: