Futakoi Alternative

wolfx

Ok....i'm sure not many have seen this, since its not sci-fi. The original Futakoi show was a harem kinda show with a few set of twins who will all....yeah....fall in love with the protagonist guy. And it wasn't even echi or interesting in anyway. *Yawn*

Then there's Futakoi Alternative. The OP of the series is an upbeat theme which shows the cast of Futakoi running around firing machine guns, rockets, and missles just causing havoc everywhere. There are Itano Circuses too! :lol:

Futakoi Alternative revolves around Rentarou Nidaime, some apathetic youth who WAS (keyword here being WAS) an angsty youth who doesn't know what to do with his life until a set of twins show up on his doorstep, and changed his life into one full of bliss and uneventfullness. Well that's the gist of it. The rest is just crazy.

I'm quite confused if Futakoi Alt. takes itself seriously or not. In some episodes, it can be quite emo and melodramatic and it can suddenly be offset with some bloody strange and absurd happenings like in one episode, every bathhouse in the world (i think its mostly Japan that has bathhouses... <_<) has been taken over by bath house terrorists and the protagonists were stuck in one. The emo parts were of course about Rentarou trying to stay together with the twins as some circumstances would cause them to be seperated.

What little "action scenes" there were in the show were pretty well done IMHO. There was even Macross and Gunbuster references in the final ep and somewhere in the beginning if you look hard enough. I don't wanna spoil it for you, but the finale was just plain madness. The whole Ika-fire arc just threw me off and in between they were still trying to be emo.

Futakoi Alt is definately something different. I'm not sure if its trying to reach FLCL heights here, but this is definately better than the original Futakoi.