Removing Pins From Toys

cube

Hey,

Im putting the finishing touches on a custom alternator smokescreen and wanted to take as much of it apart as possible beforehand. Ive got all of the screws out, but don't know how to get the pins out of the other joints (arms and stuff).

if anyone knows how to do this, i will forever be in your debt :D:ph34r:

Hey,

Im putting the finishing touches on a custom alternator smokescreen and wanted to take as much of it apart as possible beforehand. Ive got all of the screws out, but don't know how to get the pins out of the other joints (arms and stuff).

if anyone knows how to do this, i will forever be in your debt  :D  :ph34r:

348266[/snapback]

Ok looking at my Aternator Silverstreak and others. I asume you mean the silver pins that hold the top arm parts to the lower bits that have the hands atached to, or the pins that hold the seat backs in and also the larger type in the leg knee joints.

These are the easy ones if you set up right. What you need is some stiff wire you need to use it as a drift to push the pin out, once it is out far enough you can use some pilers to pull it out and then remove the wire. You could also use a small drill bit inserted the shaft end first. The leg pins are a little more dificult as they are stronger.

Most of these type pins can be reused. I dont think that they have anything other than a Knurled shaft to help them grip the parts they are pressed into. In the past I have replaced them with piano wire bought at my local model store or wire bought from a hardware store.

The Alternators are more detailed and better built than their old Gen 1 and Gen 2 bretherine, also are a whole lot easier to take apart and put back together.