1/55 VF-1S Reissue -- Sticky Finish/Paint

gingaio

I recently bought several Bandai 1/55 reissues, and of them all, the VF-1S (regular, not super) is the only one with a sticky paint job/finish. Can anyone suggest a way to remedy this, or is it a normal thing for this particular reissue?

They were all brand new, BTW.

Thanks!

I recently bought several Bandai 1/55 reissues, and of them all, the VF-1S (regular, not super) is the only one with a sticky paint job/finish. Can anyone suggest a way to remedy this, or is it a normal thing for this particular reissue?

Thanks!

340285[/snapback]

Try using Armour All (car interior protectant). Spray it lightly on a paper towel and rub it on softly. After you have finished completey rubbing the valk down, just leave it for about a day and a half. Not only will this UV protectant help keep your paint from remaining sticky it will also giveit a nice clean look.

I tried this on a STRIKE, VE-1, and VT-1...worked like a charm. Plus, I think it smells nice too.

BTW- It will not leave a heavy or greasy film. Just remember to wipe it down and leave it alone, as previously described. ;)

great tip! didn't know that would work.

Thanks!

340285[/snapback]

Try using Armour All (car interior protectant). Spray it lightly on a paper towel and rub it on softly. After you have finished completey rubbing the valk down, just leave it for about a day and a half. Not only will this UV protectant help keep your paint from remaining sticky it will also giveit a nice clean look.

I tried this on a STRIKE, VE-1, and VT-1...worked like a charm. Plus, I think it smells nice too.

BTW- It will not leave a heavy or greasy film. Just remember to wipe it down and leave it alone, as previously described. ;)

340327[/snapback]

Edited by Macross73

Thanks, Nightmare! Will try that out.

Thanks!

340285[/snapback]

340327[/snapback]