Music of Urusei Yatsura

armentage

I used to be a HUGE fan of Rumiko Takahashi's Urusei Yatsura. It's been years (maybe 10!) since I last saw it, but I recently rented the 2nd movie, Beautiful Dreamer. It's by Mamoru Oshii, the same dude who did the Ghost In the Shell. Now, don't get me wrong, I recognize the GITS movie as steam pile of well drawn crap, but Beatiful Dreamer is something else altogether. A really fantastic, fun, touching, hilarious, and though provoking romp. I really recommend it. The style is simple, so the 22 year old animation is still very watchable (think classic Disney rather than DYRL's realistic style).

ANYWAY, plug aside, what I really was surprised by was how great some of the music was. I remember now that I used to have all the UY sound track CDs, but that was a long time ago and I've lost them :(

So what I'm wondering/hoping is if someone can help direct me to where I can find these old gems? The original TV-OP & ED, the songs from the movies, etc... I'll be honest and admit I'm looking for MP3s; I'm having the hardest time finding them on LimeWire/BitTorrent/etc. Any help would be very appreciated!

So what I'm wondering/hoping is if someone can help direct me to where I can find these old gems?  The original TV-OP & ED, the songs from the movies, etc...  I'll be honest and admit I'm looking for MP3s; I'm having the hardest time finding them on LimeWire/BitTorrent/etc.  Any help would be very appreciated!

337115[/snapback]

Awww this means you're no longer a fan? :(:p;):lol:

I can't help you on mp3s.

But, if you want a legit cd soundtrack, check out Mandarake's online shop, or yahoo japan auctions (going through a deputy shopper).

If you want a bootleg, I can't really help you there because I don't like supporting the bootleg industry.

For a collection of songs, go for "ramu no besto serekushion"/Lum's Best Selection. It has the full opening and ending of the TV series, and songs from the OVAs and I think from some of the movies. There's also a medly of all the songs, and a remix version. Plus between each song is a drama track. I unfortunately bought the SM bootleg, but it was way back before I knew that the $15 cds were bootlegs.

Go Urusei Yatsure Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer! :D My favorite Urusei Yatsura movie, and one of my favorite Mamoru Oshii movies (along with the Patlabor 1 and 2, and Jin Roh).