Has Big West done anything other the Macross Zero?

Effect

I've been wondering, has Big West as a company done anything lately other then create and relase Macross Zero?

I mean anything. Producing, publishing, creating, etc anything at all? If not, does anyone know why they haven't or aren't doing anything at all?

Why not creating a new series on their own? Creating something they can market in Japan and overseas that would appeal to their Macross fanbase. Create a Macross like series but without the name but keep it different enough yet similar enough that they don't have to worry about legal problems. Nothing stopping them from what I can see.

I've been wondering, has Big West as a company done anything lately other then create and relase Macross Zero?

At least on the IMDB (and that's always iffy where it comes to anime) nothing really, but that doesn't mean that they're not. And at any rate, Big West is a production company, not a studio: They just shovel money out to animation studios who perform the creative work. They actually don't "create" anything in-house, per se. They just write the checks to those who do.

Why not creating a new series on their own? Creating something they can market in Japan and overseas that would appeal to their Macross fanbase. Create a Macross like series but without the name but keep it different enough yet similar enough that they don't have to worry about legal problems. Nothing stopping them from what I can see.

Why would they? The fact is, Big West asserts that they own the Macross property and have gone to the mat to defend it in court. They've invested 20 years of time and millions of yen in it, and even if it's not a blockbuster anymore for them, it's still profitable. They're not going to throw that away by commissioning a "not Macross but the next best thing" kind of show from their end. And they feel that the legal problems are not of their doing, but were foisted upon them by Tatsunoko and their last-minute, over-a-barrel demands on the eve of the premiere.