Homebrewed VFs

Ed.Coli

(Not too keen on reviving this ol' thread)

Here's something I've been wanting to do for a long time now; a variable SU-27 Flanker. Why I hadn't actually put this into fruition is because I am by nature a lazy bum.

Here's some backstory if you don't feel like trying to decipher my cryptic handwriting:

The SV-27 was born from a captured SU-27 in use by the Karma Air Force. Originally destined to be refitted with standard Hydrogen Jet Engines, it was instead heavily modified to include the Roland-Kovacs variable system and electro-armor plating. Now with the ability to thrust-vector, and with added armaments such as a laser comm array, two small pulse lasers, and a stowable gunpod, along with original systems such as the IR tracking dome and the unique helmet-mounted "shlem" sighting system, the SV-27 is a one of a kind weapon, both graceful and incredibly deadly.

The pilot is Maj. Walter Kovacs of the PLNAF. His colorscheme (not shown), consists of a very dark gray to black variation of the classic Flanker camo scheme, with red trim on the rudders and nosecone.

The transformation sequence is very similar to the 1/48 VF-1 method of a single swing bar locking to the nose in robot mode. There is no heatshield, and the original airbrake has been moved forward to make room for the head. This in turn provides a static heatshield for the cockpit canopy.

post-2744-1127958940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed.Coli